The sight of cockroaches in your home can be enough to send shivers down your spine. Cockroach infestations are the most common pest problem that happens in any indoor structure. No matter where in the world you live (aside from Antarctica), what type of dwelling you live in, or how clean you keep your home, cockroaches can and will readily infest indoors without discrimination.
Fortunately, by enlisting the help of a reliable Union County cockroach control expert, you can stop an infestation before it gets worse. At Universal Pest Control, our licensed and certified technicians use a combination of high-quality products and proven pest management techniques to strategically treat roaches and deliver a stunning blow to the existing population. Since 2018, we have been called upon by customers throughout Union County and neighboring counties like Essex, Middlesex, Somerset, and Morris to address their cockroach issues and do so with confidence. By reaching out to us today, we can do the same for you.
Of the nearly 5,000 species of cockroach that have been discovered, more than 99.5 percent do just fine out in the wild away from human contact. However, a small half-percent has become a recurring pest in human dwellings and an even smaller number actually prefers to live near humans and in our homes. The term “smaller” is an understatement because even if a handful of cockroach species like living near us humans, they do so in exponentially large numbers.
The following roaches are classified as domesticated cockroaches and will likely be the cockroach infestation that you have in your home:
- German Cockroach: This is the most common home-invading roach of them all. A small to mid-sized cockroach, the German Cockroach stands out with its brown body with a darker streak down its backside. Cockroaches are fully domesticated and they cannot survive without living with humans. They are known to infest and gather in kitchens and bathrooms close to a water source and live off of any crumbs, grease, and left-out food that we don’t clean up. They can be tough to get rid of because of how quickly and often they breed and reproduce. A small handful of German cockroaches can become a full-blown colony of hundreds in short order.
- Brown-banded cockroach: Similar in appearance to German Cockroaches, the Brown-banded cockroach actually prefers drier areas of the home as opposed to more humid areas. Also while German Cockroaches like to stay low and nest low to the ground, Brown-banded cockroaches can be seen higher up in corners of ceilings and other high-up areas of the home.
- American cockroach: The largest of the domesticated cockroach, this species is the one that is the most startling to encounter because of their large size (1 to 2 and a half inches long) and quick movements and also the fact that they have wings and can fly in short bursts. American cockroaches actually prefer to live outside but often find their way indoors during their travels and foraging for food and water, coming up thru drains or another point of entry. They commonly infest restaurants, dumpster areas, and humid boiler rooms.
At Universal Pest Control, our certified and licensed technicians are highly knowledgeable about the various types of cockroaches that can invade your home or business premises, their behaviors and tendencies, as well as how to treat them. We understand that each species of cockroach has a unique set of characteristics that require specialized treatment methods. Therefore, we use modern techniques to identify the pest infestation and apply the most effective solution for a long-term result.
Getting rid of a cockroach infestation is no easy task and involves a multi-layered approach to ensure a successful end result. Our cockroach control specialists conduct thorough inspections in order to develop an effective treatment plan tailored to the cockroach species present and your individual needs. We use high-quality products that are safe for both you and the environment.
To ensure optimal results, our specialists will follow these steps when addressing a cockroach infestation:
- Indoors: Identify potential entry points; inspect inside walls, cabinets, behind appliances, etc.; treat affected areas with specialized bait and liquid insecticides; apply insect growth regulator products to halt reproduction and population growth; monitor progress over time
- Outdoors: Remove debris from around the foundation; seal any cracks or crevices in siding or brickwork; apply a perimeter insecticide treatment around your property and potential points of entry; maintain regular inspections for new activity.
With the meticulous detail we apply to every treatment program, you can trust that your home or business is in good hands at Universal Pest Control!
Call (908) 403-3115 to schedule your free estimate for our cockroach control services. You can also contact us online and one of our representatives we reach out to you soon. Universal Pest Control proudly serves customers in Union County, Essex County, Middlesex County, Morris County, Somerset County, and Mercer County.
Great Quality and Ethical Standards with Every Service We Provide
We Are Experts In Pest Control Services With Years of Experience
We Offer Free Consultations & Estimates
Our Services Are Always Done In A Fast & Timely Manner